Apply by filling out application form before deadline of Sunday January 14th.
Please apply with submitted application form to firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com
Job title: Senior Academy Physiotherapist
Salary: To be discussed at interview and based on experience
Department: Academy Sports Science & Medicine Department, Alexandra Park Training Ground, Reasheath
Main Contacts: Head of Academy Sports Science & Medicine, Lead Academy Sports Scientist and Academy Manager
A full-time position that aims to:
1) Co-ordinate and lead the physiotherapy service within the academy structure.
2) Assist the Academy Sports Science & Medicine Department making sure the department meets all EPPP requirements as outlined in the EPPP Sports Science and Medicine Strategy.
3) Implement the Academy Medicine provision that focuses on the rehabilitation and the injury prevention of all professional development players with a focus towards u23’s squad, including rehabilitation plans
4) Work with the club Physiotherapy department to perform testing for all professional development players.
5) Liaison with players and coaching staff with regards to injury progress and return to play times.
6) Arrangement of relevant consultations where necessary
7) Following the professional development phase (U23) weekly format
8) Assist with twice weekly evening injury clinics for youth development phase (u13-u16)
- BSc (Hons) Physiotherapy
- HCPC Registration
- Full member of the CSP
- Valid FA ATMMiF/AREA Qualification
- Experience of working within a professional football environment
- Display excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Excellent organisation skills and the ability to accurately manage data
- Able to be flexible with their working week to cope with the demands of the role
- Full UK driving licence
- Previous experience of EPPP and PMA data input
- Evidence of working with youth elite athletic development
- Report daily to the Head Physiotherapist and contribute to the formal monthly departmental meetings and informal weekly meetings.
- Lead the planning and implementation of the injury prevention for all u23 players and academy
- Planning, leading and delegating the implementation of rehabilitation for all u23 players and academy
- Planning the implementation of individual group testing/ screening sessions for all u23 players and academy
- Work with u23 head coach with regards to training load planning
- Work in collaboration with the Head Sports Science and Medicine and other club Sport Science staff to provide specific physical development training sessions for u23 players
- Liaise with the club Nutritionist to aid planning and implementation of academy nutritional strategy for all u23 players
- Liaise with the club Psychologist to aid planning and implementation of academy psychology strategy for all u23 players
- Contribute to monthly CPD within the Academy Sports Science & Medicine department
- Lead the match-day Physiotherapy provision for the u23’s squad and assisting with academy players
- Record all data and online medical notes onto the PMA system in line with the EPPP requirements
Successful applicants will be required to undertake a Disclosure & Barring Service (formerly CRB) check and are required to declare any convictions, cautions, reprimands and final warnings that are not ‘protected’ as defined by the Rehabilitation of Offenders (Exemptions) Act 1975.
Crewe Alexandra Football Club promotes equal opportunities in employment we positively welcome applications from all candidates regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex and sexual orientation.
We will screen all applicants and select candidates whose skills and experience appear to meet our needs. We will carefully consider your application during the initial screening and will contact you only if you are selected for an interview. Employment is subject to the provision of proof of eligibility to work in the UK.
Deadline for applications is 11:59pm Sunday 14th January 2018. Due to expected high volume of applicants, please assume that your application has been unsuccessful if you have not has any contact from the club 1 week post-application deadline.
Please submit your application form to firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com