Job title: Part-Time Academy Coach – Youth Development Phase
Department: Crewe Alexandra FC Academy
Location: Alexandra Park Training Ground, Wettenhall Road, Reaseheath, Nantwich, CW5 6DF
Main Contacts: Head of Coaching, Academy Manager and Lead Foundation Phase Coach
- UEFA B licence
- FA Youth Award
- FA Safeguarding Certificate
• FA DBS (CRB) check
• Able to be flexible with their working week including evenings and weekends
• Driving licence and car
- UEFA A licence
- FA Advanced Youth Award (12-16)
Previous experience of working in a Professional Football Academy working with and developing Academy players across a variety of age groups
• Knowledge of EPPP and PMA
- Excellent Communicator
- Willingness to improve self and others
- Able to work alone and as part of a group
- To assist with the delivery of the Academy Coaching Programme across a variety of Youth Development Phase age groups, which may include u12-u16, as set out by the Academy Manager/Head of Coaching
- To work 2/3 evenings and weekends
- To provide support to Head of Phases and age group coaches with regards to PMA including weekly performance targets/reviews, 6/12 week reviews and Individual Learning plans
- To work with an age group, assisting the Lead coach in the Sunday Academy Games Programme
- To attend at least 5 hours of “in service” training each year provided by the FA and to maintain Emergency First Aid qualification
- To attend “in service” training as part of their CPD as organised by the Football Club.
- Establish a strong link between local schools, grassroots football clubs and grassroots coaches.
- To liaise with Head of Academy recruitment regarding progress of players, including trialists
- To ensure all Academy players are in a safe environment at all times at both training and fixtures
- Report any grievances either personal or player based to the Welfare Officer or Academy Manager.
- Ensure all injuries are reported to the Medical Department.
Crewe Alexandra Football Club are committed to our Safeguarding and Welfare policies, therefore the successful applicant will be required to undertake a Disclosure & Barring Service (formerly CRB) check and are required to declare any convictions, cautions, reprimands and final warnings that are not ‘protected’ as defined by the Rehabilitation of Offenders (Exemptions) Act 1975.
Crewe Alexandra Football Club promotes equal opportunities in employment we positively welcome applications from all candidates regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex and sexual orientation.
We will screen all applicants and select candidates whose skills and experience appear to meet our needs. We will carefully consider your application during the initial screening and will contact you only if you are selected for an interview. Employment is subject to the provision of proof of eligibility to work in the UK.
Salary is dependent on experience and will be discussed with shortlisted candidates.
Deadline for applications is Monday 24th October 2022. Applicants must complete and return the attached application form. Please return to Academy Manager, Aidan Callan via email firstname.lastname@example.org and Head of Coaching, Paul Harris via email email@example.com
Due to expected high volume of applicants, please assume that your application has been unsuccessful if you have no contact from the club 1 weeks post application deadline.