Job Title: Business Development Executive
Reports to: Head of Commercial
Salary: Basic of £20,000 per annum + bonus.
Crewe Alexandra is looking to recruit a highly motivated and enthusiastic Business Development Executive to identify, prospect and acquire new advertising and sponsorship agreements; at a regional level, in addition to developing, owning, and delivering new Club products and opportunities.
Reporting to the Head of Commercial you will share responsibility for developing the Club’s primary & secondary partnership base; as well as selling the Club’s array of commercial products.
Role Responsibility include but are not limited to:
- Working with the Head of Commercial to help deliver the Club’s sponsorship and hospitality sales budgets; principally through:
- Perimeter advertising
- Scoreboard advertising
- Player sponsorships
- Matchday sponsorships and hospitality
- Non matchday facility hire
- Non matchday events
- To consistently monitor industry and regional trends and opportunities - exploring all new revenue generating opportunities; and
- Using both sales performance data and customer feedback, constantly look to refine and improve the existing B2B advertising and sponsorship product range.
- The successful candidate will be required to work home matchdays to help deliver the matchday experience for hospitality guests and matchday sponsors.
Personal Skills and Experience
The ideal candidate will have a minimum of two years’ sales experience. Advertising sales experience and a passion for sport is desired but not essential.
You will need to have excellent communication skills to create strong working relationships both internally and externally whilst demonstrating a confident and proactive approach to working.
The role offers a fantastic opportunity for a career within the Commercial department at an EFL Club.
You must also have or be:
- Motivated to be successful, both as an individual and as part of a team
- Ability to sell and achieve set targets
- Provide and demonstrate excellent customer service skills to clients and colleagues alike
- Is a self-starter and uses initiative to deliver results
- Ability to quickly grasp new products, marketing initiatives and hold a lateral thinking approach to sales
- Computer literate with use of Excel/ Word and PowerPoint
- Create and develop strong internal and external professional relationships
- Strong planning and organisational skills
Contract – Permanent
Hours – 40 hours + Matchdays
Please submit all applications to firstname.lastname@example.org.