Job title: Professional Development Phase (PDP) Coach – U18s (Full-Time)
Department: Crewe Alexandra FC Academy
Location: Alexandra Park Training Ground, Wettenhall Road, Reaseheath, Nantwich, CW5 6DF
Main Contacts: Head of Coaching and Academy Manager
Overview : This Full-Time role will see the successful candidate assisting with the delivery of the coaching and development programme for players within the Professional Development Phase, working specifically with players in the Under 18 squad. You will follow the week to week U18 schedule and in addition you will be required to coach 3 evenings per week, working with players across both FP (u9-12) and YDP (u13-16) phases.
• UEFA A licence
• FA Advanced Youth Award
• Successful applicant will be required to undertake an FA DBS (CRB) check
• Able to be flexible with their working week including evenings and weekends
• Driving licence and car
• Previous experience of working with and developing Professional Development Phase and Youth Development Phase Players
• Previous experience of working in a Professional Football Academy
• Knowledge of EPPP and PMA
- Assisting with the day to day delivery of the Academy Coaching Programme in the Professional Development Phase (Under 18s) including matchdays, as set out by the Academy Manager/Head of Coaching.
- To provide the players within the U18 squad with performance reviews as indicated by the EPPP.
- To plan and implement specific game/training plans and ensure all session plans are added to PMA
- To ensure all PMA and Performance data is completed and up to date.
- To work closely with staff across all departments including Education, Sport Science, Analysis and Player Care/Welfare.
- To work closely with players to develop and implement Individual Learning plans (ILP’s).
- To coach 3 evenings a week across a variety of age groups (FP/YDP) and to lead an age group in the Sunday games programme.
- To attend at least 5 hours of “in service” training each year provided by the FA and to attend the Emergency First Aid review every 3 years.
- To attend “in service” training as part of their CPD as organised by the Football Club.
- To liaise with the Head of Academy recruitment, Academy Manager and Head of Academy Coaching regarding progress of all Academy Players and Trialists.
- To ensure all Academy players are in a safe environment at all times at both training and fixtures.
- To be an active part of the decision making process that sees Academy players progress from the Youth Development Phase into the Professional Development Phase (Scholarship decisions) and Scholars to Professional contracts.
- Report any grievances either personal or of a player based nature to the Welfare Officer or Academy Manager.
- Ensure all injuries are reported to the Medical Department.
- Organise and lead player/parent review meetings.
- Professional – Manner/Appearance
Crewe Alexandra Football Club are committed to our Safeguarding and Welfare policies, therefore the successful applicant will be required to undertake a Disclosure & Barring Service (formerly CRB) check and are required to declare any convictions, cautions, reprimands and final warnings that are not ‘protected’ as defined by the Rehabilitation of Offenders (Exemptions) Act 1975.
Crewe Alexandra Football Club promotes equal opportunities in employment we positively welcome
applications from all candidates regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage and civil
partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex and sexual orientation.
We will screen all applicants and select candidates whose skills and experience appear to meet our needs. We will carefully consider your application during the initial screening and will contact you only if you are selected for an interview. Employment is subject to the provision of proof of eligibility to work in the UK.
How to apply
Salary is dependent on experience and will be discussed with shortlisted candidates. Deadline for applications is 5pm, Wednesday 6th April. Applicants must complete and return the attached application form. Please return to Head of Academy Coaching, Michael Jackson via email firstname.lastname@example.org Due to expected high volume of applicants, please assume that your application has been unsuccessful if you have not had contact from the club 1 week post application deadline.