Job title: Assistant Academy Analyst
Department: Crewe Alexandra FC Academy
Location: Alexandra Park Training Ground, Wettenhall Road, Reaseheath, Nantwich, CW5 6DF
Main Contacts: Lead Academy Analyst, Head of Coaching and Academy Manager
Overview : This Full-Time role will see the successful candidate assisting with providing Football Analysis support across the Crewe Alexandra Academy. Fundamental to this purpose will be the collation and feedback of technical and tactical information; as well as collaboration with other support services and departments as directed. This will involve utilising hardware and software products to provide an extensive service to the coaching staff, players and football analysis department and any other department.
• Previous experience of working within a football analysis department
• Successful applicant will be required to undertake an FA DBS (CRB) check
• Able to be flexible with their working week including weekends and evenings
• Driving licence and car
• Experience working with players across Foundation Phase (U9-U11), Youth Development Phase (12-U16) and Professional Development Phase (U18-U23).
- High level of computer competency
• Highly competent with various analysis software
• Experience and competence with live-coding
- Knowledge of EPPP and PMA
- Film, code and analyse Academy games to the required standard.
- Provide staff and Academy players with video clips and data that supports the development of individual players.
- To liaise and work with coaching staff to ensure any additional analysis requirements for individuals and teams are met.
- To develop an understanding of PMA and video sharing platforms.
- To work closely with staff across all departments including Coaches, Education, Sport Science and Player Care/Welfare.
- To carry out opposition analysis, coding and video editing – providing insights to relevant coaching staff and creating detailed reports.
- To assist in keeping the ongoing performance profiles up-to-date using databasing and statistical reporting techniques.
- To attend and contribute to weekly meetings.
- To attend training as part of their CPD as organised by the Football Club.
- Professional – Manner/Appearance
Crewe Alexandra Football Club are committed to our Safeguarding and Welfare policies, therefore the successful applicant will be required to undertake a Disclosure & Barring Service (formerly CRB) check and are required to declare any convictions, cautions, reprimands and final warnings that are not ‘protected’ as defined by the Rehabilitation of Offenders (Exemptions) Act 1975.
Crewe Alexandra Football Club promotes equal opportunities in employment we positively welcome applications from all candidates regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex and sexual orientation.
We will screen all applicants and select candidates whose skills and experience appear to meet our needs. We will carefully consider your application during the initial screening and will contact you only if you are selected for an interview. Employment is subject to the provision of proof of eligibility to work in the UK.
How to apply
Salary is dependent on experience and will be discussed with shortlisted candidates.
Deadline for applications is 5pm, Friday 22nd April. Applicants must complete and return the attached application form. Please return to Lead Academy Analyst, Matt Brehaut via email email@example.com . Due to expected high volume of applicants, please assume that your application has been unsuccessful if you have not had contact from the club 1 week post application deadline.