Job title: Youth Development Phase Lead Coach (u12-u16)
Department: Crewe Alexandra FC Academy
Location: Alexandra Park Training Ground, Wettenhall Road, Reaseheath, Nantwich, CW5 6DF
Main Contacts: Head of Coaching and Academy Manager
• UEFA A licence
• FA Advanced Youth Award
• Successful applicant will be required to undertake an FA DBS (CRB) check
• Able to be flexible with their working week including evenings and weekends
• Driving licence and car
• Previous experience of working with and developing Youth Development Phase players (u12-u16)
• Previous experience of working in a Professional Football Academy
• Knowledge of EPPP and PMA
- Responsible for the delivery of the Academy Coaching Programme in the Youth Development Phase, as set out by the Academy Manager/Head of Coaching.
- To provide the Youth Development Phase age groups with performance reviews and individual learning plans as indicated by the EPPP (u12-u16).
- To coach 3 evenings a week across a variety of age groups and to lead an age group in the games programme on both Saturday and Sunday.
- To attend at least 5 hours of “in service” training each year provided by the FA and to attend the Emergency First Aid review every 3 years.
- To attend “in service” training as part of their CPD as organised by the Football Club.
- Establish a strong link between local schools, grassroots football clubs and grassroots coaches.
- To organise additional fixtures outside of the games programme when required.
- To liaise with the Head of Academy recruitment, Academy Manager and Head of Academy Coaching regarding progress of all Academy Players and Trialists.
- To ensure all Academy players are in a safe environment at all times at both training and fixtures.
- To be an active part of the decision making process that sees Academy players progress from the Youth Development Phase into the Professional Development Phase (Scholarship decisions).
- Report any grievances either personal or of a player based nature to the Welfare Officer or Academy Manager.
- Ensure all injuries are reported to the Medical Department.
- Ensure all players performance clocks (PMA) including weekly, 12 weekly and annual reviews are completed and up to date.
- Design, plan and evaluate all sessions, uploading details to PMA.
- Organise and lead player/parent review meetings.
- Liaise with Academy Analysts to produce team, unit and individual player clips as and when required.
- Ensure all games in the Youth Development Phase receive a ‘voiceover’ to help aid player learning.
- Professional – Manner/Appearance
Crewe Alexandra Football Club are committed to our Safeguarding and Welfare policies, therefore the successful applicant will be required to undertake a Disclosure & Barring Service (formerly CRB) check and are required to declare any convictions, cautions, reprimands and final warnings that are not ‘protected’ as defined by the Rehabilitation of Offenders (Exemptions) Act 1975.
Crewe Alexandra Football Club promotes equal opportunities in employment we positively welcome
applications from all candidates regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex and sexual orientation.
We will screen all applicants and select candidates whose skills and experience appear to meet our needs. We will carefully consider your application during the initial screening and will contact you only if you are selected for an interview. Employment is subject to the provision of proof of eligibility to work in the UK.
Salary is dependent on experience and will be discussed with shortlisted candidates. Deadline for applications is 11:59pm Wednesday 29th September. Applicants must complete and return the attached application form. Please return to Academy Manager, Aidan Callan via email email@example.com Due to expected high volume of applicants, please assume that your application has been unsuccessful if you have not had contact from the club 1 week post application deadline.