Crewe Alexandra Football Club
Job title: Player Care Co-ordinator
Department: Crewe Alexandra FC Academy
Hours: Part-Time (16 hours per week)
Salary: Competitive. Discussed at interview stage
Location: Alexandra Park Training Ground, Wettenhall Road, Reaseheath, Nantwich, CW5 6DF
Main Contacts: Designated Safeguarding Officer (Academy)
The Player Care Co-ordinator will be an integral part of our Academy structure, working closely with the Academy Welfare Officer. You will be responsible for the planning and delivery of a bespoke life-skills and mental health and wellbeing programme for all academy players. This role will focus on promoting and developing best practice around all areas of player welfare.
- To develop and maintain the Academy’s provision for the mental health and wellbeing for all Academy players.
- To work closely with the Academy Safeguarding Officer, highlighting any potential issues regarding the wellbeing of Academy players in line with club policies.
- To coordinate and lead the operational delivery of the mental health strategy including action plans.
- To establish a highly informative life skills programme that is delivered to Academy Staff, Players and Parents through regular workshops and presentations.
- To develop links with external partners to help improve support for our Academy players in relation to mental health and wellbeing.
- Support the Academy Manager with required documentation to support any Audit processes.
- Regular attendance in to the Academy, visible to players and parents in the role of 'Player Care'.
- Offer support to any players new to the Academy to ensure a smooth transition into the Academy.
- Offer after care support to any players who are released from the Academy.
- To ensure players and parents have a voice on the Academy
- Drive and enthusiasm
- Inter-personal skills, inspiring trust and confidence
- Time management
- Good communicator and organisational skills
- Ability to show empathy towards players, parents and staff
- Full valid driving licence
- Experience in working with elite young athletes
- Degree in relevant subject that would compliment the role (eg Psychology)
- Mental Health First Aid
- Experience of working with sensitive and confidential information
Crewe Alexandra Football Club are committed to our Safeguarding and Welfare policies, therefore the successful applicant will be required to undertake a Disclosure & Barring Service (formerly CRB) check and are required to declare any convictions, cautions, reprimands and final warnings that are not ‘protected’ as defined by the Rehabilitation of Offenders (Exemptions) Act 1975. The successful applicant will also be required to complete the FA Safeguarding Children Modules.
Crewe Alexandra Football Club promotes equal opportunities in employment we positively welcome
applications from all candidates regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex and sexual orientation.
We will screen all applicants and select candidates whose skills and experience appear to meet our needs. We will carefully consider your application during the initial screening and will contact you only if you are selected for an interview. Employment is subject to the provision of proof of eligibility to work in the UK.
Deadline for applications is Sunday 7th November 2021. Applicants must complete the attached Application form and return to Aidan Callan, Academy Manager via email – firstname.lastname@example.org