Crewe Alexandra Football Club
Job title: Academy Physiotherapist – Permanent (Full-Time)
Salary: Competitive – Discussed at Interview
Department: Academy Sports Science & Medicine Department, Alexandra Park Training Ground,
Main Contacts: Head of Academy Sports Science & Medicine, Lead Academy Physiotherapist, Lead Academy Sports Scientist and Academy Manager
A full-time position that aims to:
- Assist the Academy Sports Science & Medicine Department making sure the department meets all EPPP requirements as outlined in the EPPP Sports Science and Medicine Strategy.
- Lead the implementation of the Academy Medicine programme that focuses on the rehabilitation and the injury prevention of all U18’s squad.
- Work with the club Physiotherapy department to perform testing for all the Professional Development Phase and Youth Development Phase.
- Liaison with players and coaching staff with regards to injury progress and return to play times.
- Arrangement of relevant consultant consultations where necessary.
- Enrolment onto a weekly CPD programme alongside the Lead Academy Physiotherapist and Head Physiotherapist
- Working hours; to follow U18 weekly programme and schoolboy programme (Evening / Weekends)
- BSc (Hons) Physiotherapy
- HCPC Registration
- Full member of the CSP
- Valid ATMiFF (or be willing to undertake ATMiFF as soon as possible)
- Display excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Excellent organisation skills and the ability to accurately manage data
- Able to be flexible with their working week to cope with the demands of the role
- Full UK driving licence
- Previous experience of EPPP and PMA data input
- Evidence of working with youth elite athletic development
- Experience of working within a professional football environment
- Report daily to the Lead Academy Physiotherapist and contribute to the formal monthly departmental meetings and informal weekly meetings.
- Planning and leading the implementation of rehabilitation for all u18’s players.
- Work alongside the Lead Academy Physiotherapist with the planning and implementation of rehabilitation for the Youth Development Phase and Foundation Phase Players
- Planning the implementation of individual group testing / screening sessions for all u18 players
- Lead the planning and implementation of the injury prevention for all u18 players
- Work with u18 head coach and Academy Sports Scientist with regards to training load planning
- Work in collaboration with the Head Sports Science and Medicine and other club Sport Science staff to provide specific physical development training sessions for u18’s players
- Liaise with the club Nutritionist to aid planning and implementation of academy nutritional strategy for all u18’s players
- Liaise with the club Psychologist to aid planning and implementation of academy psychology strategy for all u18’s players
- Contribute to weekly CPD within the Academy Sports Science & Medicine department
- Lead the match-day Physiotherapy provision for the u18’s squad and work alongside the Lead Academy Physiotherapist with academy weekend fixtures
- Record all data and online medical notes onto the PMA system in line with the EPPP requirements
Successful applicants will be required to undertake a Disclosure & Barring Service (formerly CRB) check and are required to declare any convictions, cautions, reprimands and final warnings that are not ‘protected’ as defined by the Rehabilitation of Offenders (Exemptions) Act 1975.
Crewe Alexandra Football Club promotes equal opportunities in employment we positively welcome applications from all candidates regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex and sexual orientation.
We will screen all applicants and select candidates whose skills and experience appear to meet our needs. We will carefully consider your application during the initial screening and will contact you only if you are selected for an interview. Employment is subject to the provision of proof of eligibility to work in the UK.
Deadline for applications is – Ongoing. Unfortunately we are unable to accept applications from Sports Therapists or Sports Rehabilitators. Applicants must be able to provide contact details for two written references upon request.
Cover letter and CV to be emailed to
Lead Academy Physiotherapist, email@example.com and
Academy Manager, Aidan Callan firstname.lastname@example.org