Job title: Pre-Academy Lead Coach (Under 6s/7s/8s) – Full-Time Position
Department: Crewe Alexandra FC Academy
Location: Alexandra Park Training Ground, Wettenhall Road, Reaseheath, Nantwich, CW5 6DF
Main Contacts: Academy Manager, Head of Coaching, Head of Recruitment, Lead Foundation Phase Coach
- Minimum UEFA B licence
- FA Youth Award
- Valid FA Safeguarding and First-Aid Certificate
- Successful applicant will be required to undertake an FA DBS check
- Able to work evenings and weekends as required
- Full driving licence and car
- UEFA A licence
- Advanced Youth Award (u5-u11)
- Previous experience of working in a Professional Football Academy working with and developing Academy players across the Foundation Phase.
- Knowledge of EPPP and PMA
- To oversee and develop all areas of the Pre-Academy programme.
- To work closely with The Head of Academy Recruitment and Lead Foundation Phase Coach with regards to the recruitment, development and retention of Pre-Academy players.
- To create a fun, challenging environment that enables players to learn, develop and improve whilst maintaining the core elements of the Crewe Alexandra Academy Coaching philosophy.
- To organise and oversee a bespoke games programme for all Pre-Academy age groups.
- To build relationships with key contacts including, grassroots clubs/coaches, schools and privately established Development Centre’s.
- A wide range of knowledge and contact base across local junior grassroots football, both in the local and surrounding areas.
- To identify and create a database containing details of the best players and teams in our Academy’s catchment area.
- To liaise with parents and to conduct player review meetings at appropriate times.
- To organise tournaments/festivals for local grassroots clubs and schools for recruitment purposes.
- To develop and deliver a highly detailed coaching programme and to liaise with the Head of Coaching to organise coaching staff.
- To develop and deliver a CPD programme for staff working in the Pre-Academy phase.
- To maintain the highest standards at all times whilst representing the Football Club.
- Professional – Manner/Appearance
Crewe Alexandra Football Club are committed to our Safeguarding and Welfare policies, therefore the successful applicant will be required to undertake a Disclosure & Barring Service (formerly CRB) check and are required to declare any convictions, cautions, reprimands and final warnings that are not ‘protected’ as defined by the Rehabilitation of Offenders (Exemptions) Act 1975.
Crewe Alexandra Football Club promotes equal opportunities in employment we positively welcome
applications from all candidates regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage and civil
partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex and sexual orientation.
We will screen all applicants and select candidates whose skills and experience appear to meet our needs. We will carefully consider your application during the initial screening and will contact you only if you are selected for an interview. Employment is subject to the provision of proof of eligibility to work in the UK.
Salary is dependent on experience and will be discussed with shortlisted candidates. Deadline for
applications is 11:59pm on Thursday 17th June. Applicants must complete and return the attached application form. Please return to Academy Manager, Aidan Callan via email firstname.lastname@example.org Due to expected high volume of applicants, please assume that your application has been unsuccessful if you have not has any contact from the club 1 weeks post application deadline.