Crewe Alexandra Football Club
Job title: Full-Time Academy Strength and Conditioning Coach
Salary - £18,000
Department: Crewe Alexandra FC Academy
Location: Alexandra Park Training Ground, Wettenhall Road, Reaseheath, Nantwich, CW5 6DF
Main Contacts: Academy Manager, Head of Sport Science and Medicine, Lead Academy Sport Scientist
- Bachelor’s degree in Sport Science, Strength & Conditioning, or another relevant discipline
- Hold or be working towards British Association of Sport and Exercise Science (BASES) accreditation
- Hold a current Basic First Aid for Sport Qualification, current EFAiF or equivalent
- Hold or be working towards UKSCA/NSCA/ASCA accreditation
- Master’s degree in Sport Science, Strength & Conditioning, or another relevant discipline
- Previous experience of working in a Professional Football Academy working with and developing Academy players across a variety of age groups
- Knowledge of EPPP and PMA
- Report daily to the Head of Sport Science and Medicine and Academy Manager
- Implement and contribute to the advancement of the physical development pathway at the club
- Plan and deliver individual/group strength & conditioning sessions for the under 9 to under 23 age groups
- Assist the Head of Sport Science and Medicine and Lead Academy Sport Scientist with athletic development sessions as directed
- Assist medical staff with injured player rehabilitation as necessary
- Assist the Lead Sport Scientist in planning and implementing individual/group testing/screening sessions for all Academy age groups
- Contribute to the completion of individual/group player reviews and in line with EPPP requirements and club processes
- Contribute to departmental processes, including GPS monitoring, physical performance testing and individual learning programs
- Contribute to ongoing department professional development as necessary
- Attend and contribute to departmental and multidisciplinary meetings as required
- Where appropriate, ensure own continuous education & personal development
- To ensure the Crewe Alexandra Academy Code of Conduct is upheld within the department including all staff, players and parents
- Represent Crewe Alexandra Football Club to the highest possible standards
Crewe Alexandra Football Club are committed to our Safeguarding and Welfare policies, therefore the successful applicant will be required to undertake a Disclosure & Barring Service (formerly CRB) check and are required to declare any convictions, cautions, reprimands and final warnings that are not ‘protected’ as defined by the Rehabilitation of Offenders (Exemptions) Act 1975.
Crewe Alexandra Football Club promotes equal opportunities in employment we positively welcome
applications from all candidates regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage and civil
partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex and sexual orientation.
We will screen all applicants and select candidates whose skills and experience appear to meet our needs. We will carefully consider your application during the initial screening and will contact you only if you are selected for an interview. Employment is subject to the provision of proof of eligibility to work in the UK.
Deadline for applications is 18:00, Sunday 20th June 2021. Applicants must provide a CV and cover letter and return to Tom Ryan via email – firstname.lastname@example.org
Due to expected high volume of applicants, please assume that your application has been unsuccessful if you have no contact from the club 1 week post application deadline.