Job Title: Hospitality & Events Sales Manager
Hours of work: Full time
Salary: Dependent on experience + incentivised sales commission + benefits
Location: Crewe Alexandra Football Club, The Alexandra Stadium, Gresty Road, Crewe, CW2 6EB.
Reporting to: Commercial Manager
Crewe Alexandra Football Club are looking to recruit a highly efficient and competent Sales Manager to drive the hospitality matchday, seasonal sales and venue hire business at this sporting event venue.
As this is an established venue you will also be responsible for managing the existing client relationships, maintaining strong relations, ensuring regular contact and in turn driving repeat business, both in terms of matchday hospitality customers as well as venue and event clients.
In addition, we are looking for someone to take the venue forward, creating new relationships, generating enquiries and building up a local network of new corporate clients. We require an individual with a good understanding of the industry and proven track record of converting business in a target driven environment.
The role would involve working with internal and external clients, taking initial phone and email enquiries, through to event completion, including the coordination with the client and liaising with operational staff.
· To proactively source new business in conference and event sales, as well as matchday hospitality.
· Build strong relationships and develop new client accounts.
· Manage events booking diary for function hire
· Manage the delivery of in house club events, such as Christmas party nights.
· Maintain strong working relationships with matchday hospitality customers.
· Work with both Corporate clients and Agencies to deliver new business.
· Produce and deliver high value proposals at a senior level to potential clients
· Achieve KPI’s as set and agreed with Commercial Manager
· Work as a team player with all departments
· Ensure all leads and activities are continuously followed up to maximise revenue conversion
· To demonstrate the ability to negotiate rates and secure business, by understanding the needs of the customer and deliver them in a commercial and practical manner.
· The role will include matchday and event working, which will be agreed in advance.
· The role will be predominantly office based, however some travel and remote working will be necessary.
The successful applicant:
· A minimum of two years' experience in a sales or account management environment ideally in the venue sales or hospitality industry
· Proven experience of meeting and exceeding targets and KPIs
· Resilient mindset
· Ability to build strong and long-lasting relationships
· Effective communication skills both written and verbal.
· A self-motivated individual who thrives in a fast-paced environment, with the ability to work flexibly with a range of internal and external stakeholders.
· Outgoing personality, with an interest in hospitality and a desire to progress within the events and stadia industry
Please send a copy of your CV and covering letter including current and desired salary levels to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Due to the quantity of applicants expected, only those short-listed will be notified.
Closing date for applications: Friday April 30th
This document is a guide only and should not be regarded as exclusive or exhaustive. It is intended as an outline indication of the areas of activity and will be amended in the light of changing needs of the organisation. All employees may be required to undertake any other duties as may be reasonably requested.
Crewe Alexandra are fully committed to equality, diversity, inclusion and anti- discrimination. We will work to address areas of under-representation and disadvantage in all aspects of our operations, activities and services. In practice, this means that we will respect the needs of each and every individual regardless of their differences; and to this end we will deliver our operations, activities and services in such a way so as to ensure that that no one is excluded.