David Artell has revealed that talks with the club’s main striker, Chris Porter, continue after the vastly experienced 36 year-old rejected the clubs first offer of a new contract. Porter, who had scored 14 goals before the season was cut short due to the outbreak of Covid-19, is keen to remain at Gresty Road and once again feature in League One following our promotion on point per games.
Porter, who has also played for the likes of Derby County, Sheffield United, Oldham and Colchester United during a successful career, will only stay if terms are agreed and Artell says that negotiations remain on going.
The Alex boss told crewealex.net: “He (Chris) declined our first offer, I spoke to him last week, spoke to him again yesterday (Monday), and talks remain ongoing.
“He’s been terrific for us, top scorer two of three seasons. We hope that journey will continue.”