Position of Head Of Coaching At Crewe Alexandra Academy
Crewe Alexandra Football Club
Job Title: Head of Academy Coaching
Location: Alexandra Park Training Ground, Wettenhall Road, Nantwich, Cheshire
Reporting to: The Academy Manager
A full time position that will see the successful candidate join a prestigious Football Club, highly regarded as having one of the most respected Football Academy’s in the country, renown for both player and coach development.
The successful candidate will be responsible for guiding, maintaining and developing the Club’s well established Playing and Coaching Philosophy and to work with and develop coaching staff and players through a high quality Professional Development Programme.
- UEFA A Licence
- FA Youth Award
- FA Advanced Youth Award
- Current EFAiF or equivalent
- FA Safeguarding Certificate
- Have recent and relevant experience of coaching Academy players at variety of age groups (Minimum 5 years)
- Excellent computer skills and be able to present information clearly
- Knowledge and understanding of the EPPP process
- Coach Educator/Mentoring qualification/experience
- Excellent organisation and communication
- Experience in using the PMA system
- Experience of working at all levels of the professional game
- Have flexibility within the working week which will include evenings and weekends
- Full clean UK driving licence and car
- Able to both lead and be part of a team
- Reliable and trustworthy
- Strong work ethic
- Design, implement and manage all areas of the Academy Coaching programme
- Be responsible for all Coaching documentation surrounding the Coaching Programme which will form an integral part of the Academy Performance Plan
- Be responsible for designing and delivering the Club’s Continued Professional Development programme, which shall reflect the Club’s Playing Philosophy and Coaching Philosophy and each coach’s Coach Competency Framework for all Academy Coaches
- Design a formal programme of observing coach performance to be able to provide effective feedback for development
- Ensure each Academy Coach, both full-time and part-time, has a personalised Development Action Plan (DAP) that meets their individual needs
- Acts as a coach mentor to coaches, providing 1 to 1 support, analysis and feedback through a variety of methods
- Maintain and develop own coaching competence through regular session delivery (days, evenings and weekends) and attend home and away fixtures across all Academy age groups covering Foundation, Youth and Professional Development phases.
- To be part of the decision making process with regards to player progression , retention, de-registration and signing of Academy players
- Maintain an up to date record of all coaches qualifications to ensure all coaches are qualified to the required standard as outlined within the EFL Youth Development rules
- Build relationships across the multi-disciplinary departments and wider club to enable effective support to all coaching staff
- To attend all Academy Management Team (AMT) meetings reporting back all matters relating to the coaching programme
- To attend all Technical Board (TB) meetings reporting back all matters relating to the coaching programme
- To comply with and ensure the compliance of coaching staff to the club’s Safeguarding Policies and Procedures
Crewe Alexandra Football Club are committed to our Safeguarding and Welfare policies, therefore the successful applicant will be required to undertake a Disclosure & Barring Service (formerly CRB) check and are required to declare any convictions, cautions, reprimands and final warnings that are not ‘protected’ as defined by the Rehabilitation of Offenders (Exemptions) Act 1975.
Crewe Alexandra Football Club promotes equal opportunities in employment we positively welcome applications from all candidates regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex and sexual orientation.
We will screen all applicants and select candidates whose skills and experience appear to meet our needs. We will carefully consider your application during the initial screening and will contact you only if you are selected for an interview. Employment is subject to the provision of proof of eligibility to work in the UK.
Salary will be discussed with shortlisted candidates at interview. Deadline for applications is 11:59pm on Friday 24thJanuary 2020. Please return the completed application form to the Academy Manager, Aidan Callan, via email firstname.lastname@example.org and return back along with a covering letter and CV. Due to expected high volume of applicants, please assume that your application has been unsuccessful if you have not had any contact from the club 1 weeks post application deadline.