Crewe Alexandra Football Club
Job title: Sessional Part Time Physiotherapist
Department: Academy Sports Science & Medicine Department
Location: Alexandra Park Training Ground & Various locations for away fixtures
Reporting To: Lead Academy Physiotherapist, U18 Academy Physiotherapist and Academy Manager
To provide therapy & first aid services to Crewe Alexandra Academy within the U9 – U16 age groups. This role will predominately involve providing pitch side first aid with potential scope to cover evening injury clinics. As a result, the position will involve weekend working & evening working to meet the demands of the academy.
- BSc (Hons) Physiotherapy/BSc Sports Therapy/BSc Sports Rehabilitation
- Valid IFAS/ITMMiF or prepared to complete course upon acceptance of position
- Display excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Be motivated and have an interest in working in a dynamic medical department
- Be comfortable working evenings & weekends to meet the demands of the academy
- Be able to work individually or as part of a team
- Previous experience of EPPP
- Evidence of working with youth elite athletic development
- Experience of working within a professional football/sports environment
- To provide excellent first aid cover for academy fixtures home/away as required
- Assessment and treatment of injuries of academy players as they present
- To complete necessary paper work regarding assessments, treatments and screening of players
- To communicate effectively with Lead Academy Physiotherapist, Senior Academy Physiotherapist and coaches regarding injuries, treatments and fitness to play.
- To communicate with academy players parents & guardians regarding injuries where appropriate
- To work effectively with Sports Scientist/Strength & Conditioning coaches in aiding fitness testing/Screening
- Stay up to date with the latest research and medical findings within the sports medicine world.
- To adhere to and carry out the clubs safeguarding policy especially regarding working with children under the age of 18
- To attend the academy’s CPD sessions as required to help develop the club & academy
Successful applicants will be required to undertake a Disclosure & Barring Service (formerly CRB) check and are required to declare any convictions, cautions, reprimands and final warnings that are not ‘protected’ as defined by the Rehabilitation of Offenders (Exemptions) Act 1975.
Crewe Alexandra Football Club promotes equal opportunities in employment we positively welcome applications from all candidates regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex and sexual orientation.
We will screen all applicants and select candidates whose skills and experience appear to meet our needs. We will carefully consider your application during the initial screening and will contact you only if you are selected for an interview. Employment is subject to the provision of proof of eligibility to work in the UK.
Deadline for applications is 31st of December 2019
Cover letter and CV to be emailed to Lead Academy Physiotherapist firstname.lastname@example.org