Lead Academy Sport Scientist (U9-U18) to start in 2020.
Job Title : Lead Academy Sport Scientist (U9-U18)
Department : Academy Sports Science & Medicine, Alexandra Park Training Ground, Reaseheath
Main Contacts : Head of Academy Sports Science & Medicine, U18 Lead Coach and Academy Manager, Academy Physiotherapist
A full time position that aims to:
- Assist the Head of Sports Science & Medicine to lead the Academy Sports Science department, ensuring the department meets all EPPP requirements
- Lead and assist the implementation of the Sports Science programme that focuses on the athletic development of all Academy players between the ages of U9-U18, including individual development plans
- Lead and perform testing for all Academy players between the ages of U9-U18.
- Work daily on the physical requirements of the U18 squad
- BSc (Hons) Sports Science
- Minimum of 5 years working within elite sport, preferably Football
- Evidence of working in youth elite athletic development
- Experience of working in a team of medical and allied health care professionals
- Dedicated to self-improvement and continuous professional development
- Keen interest in teaching and developing the other members of the sports science department
- Excellent organisation skills and the ability to accurately manage data
- Have flexibility within the working week which will include evenings and weekends
- Full clean UK driving licence and car
- Hold or be working towards a relevant MSc Level Qualification
- Hold or be working towards BASES Accreditation
- Strength & Conditioning qualification or working towards (i.e. NASC/UKSCA/NASM)
- Previous experience of EPPP and PMA data input
- Experience with a variety of GPS data systems
- Report daily to the Head of Academy Sports Science & Medicine, U18 Lead Coach and Academy Manager and contribute to the formal monthly departmental meetings and informal weekly meetings
- Monitoring of the wellbeing and workload of all U18 players
- Lead in the planning and implementation of the athletic development programmes for all players (U9-U18)
- Monitoring and assist in the recording of anthropometric/physiological data for all players (U9-U18)
- Planning and assisting in the implementation of individual and group strength & conditioning sessions for all players (U9-U18)
- Work in collaboration with the U18 Lead coach and medical department with the organisation and planning of training sessions, session plans and intensity levels
- Work in collaboration with the medical department with regards to the organisation and planning of training sessions, session plans and intensity levels for any injured players (U9-U18)
- Liaise with the club nutritionist to aid planning and implementation of nutritional strategies across all age groups (U9-U18)
- To deliver regular Parent Workshops across all age groups (U9-U18)
- Contribute to monthly CPD events within the Academy department
- Collate and report all findings through GPS data from u18 players and below if necessary
- Lead match-day U18 Sports Science provision including responsibility for warm-ups, cool-downs, hydration etc
- Record all data onto the PMA system in line with the EPPP requirements
Crewe Alexandra Football Club are committed to our Safeguarding and Welfare policies, therefore the successful applicant will be required to undertake a Disclosure & Barring Service (formerly CRB) check and are required to declare any convictions, cautions, reprimands and final warnings that are not ‘protected’ as defined by the Rehabilitation of Offenders (Exemptions) Act 1975.
Crewe Alexandra Football Club promotes equal opportunities in employment we positively welcome
applications from all candidates regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage and civil
partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex and sexual orientation.
We will screen all applicants and select candidates whose skills and experience appear to meet our needs. We will carefully consider your application during the initial screening and will contact you only if you are selected for an interview. Employment is subject to the provision of proof of eligibility to work in the UK.
Salary is dependent on experience and will be discussed with shortlisted candidates. Deadline for applications is 11:59pm on Thursday 2nd January 2020 and interviews will be on either Thursday 9th or Friday 10th January 2020. Please contact the Academy Manager, Aidan Callan, via email email@example.com for an application form and return back along with a covering letter and CV. Due to expected high volume of applicants, please assume that your application has been unsuccessful if you have not has any contact from the club 1 weeks post application deadline.
If you are interested in the role, please email your CV, covering letter and application form to firstname.lastname@example.org.