Crewe Alexandra Football Club
Job title: Foundation Phase Lead Coach (5-11)
Department: Crewe Alexandra FC Academy
Location: Alexandra Park Training Ground, Wettenhall Road, Reaseheath, Nantwich, CW5 6DF
Main Contacts: Head of Coaching and Academy Manager
• UEFA A licence
• FA Advanced Youth Award
• Successful applicant will be required to undertake an FA DBS (CRB) check
• Able to be flexible with their working week including evenings and weekends
• Driving licence and car
• Previous experience of working with and developing Foundation Phase players (Under 5-11)
• Previous experience of working in a Professional Football Academy
• Knowledge of EPPP and PMA
1) Responsible for the delivery of the Academy Coaching Programme in the Foundation Phase, including Pre-Academy, as set out by the Academy Manager/Head of Coaching
2) To provide the Foundation Phase age groups with performance reviews and individual learning plans as indicated by the EPPP (U9-U11)
3) To attend at least 5 hours of “in service” training each year provided by the FA and to attend the Emergency First Aid review every 3 years.
4) To attend “in service” training as part of their CPD as organised by the Football Club.
5) Establish a strong link between local schools, grassroots football clubs and grassroots coaches.
6) To develop a fixture programme for the u6/7/8 age groups against local grassroots clubs.
7) To liaise with Head of Academy recruitment regarding progress of Pre-Academy and Foundation age players/trialists
8) To ensure all Academy and Pre – Academy players are in a safe environment at all times at both training and fixtures.
9) To facilitate the ‘signing’ process from Pre-Academy (U8) to Academy (U9)
10) Report any grievances either personal or player based nature to the Welfare Officer or Academy Manager.
11) Ensure all injuries are reported to the Medical Department.
12) Ensure all players performance clocks (PMA) are up to date.
Please download your application form by clicking here