Skip to main content Skip to site footer
Club News

Blackpool Paper Review

26 October 2015

What the press made of the Tangerines defeat

The Sentinel
Crewe Alexandra's four-game unbeaten run on the road came to an end as they were beaten 2-0 by fellow strugglers Blackpool at Bloomfield Road.
The Alex were the better side in the first half, but an excellent second 45 minutes from the Tangerines saw them capture the victory and head out of the relegation zone.
Full-back Hayden White capped off a fine display by opening the scoring for the hosts, and forward Jack Redshaw's penalty - after substitute Chris Atkinson's foul - three minutes from time sealed the win, leaving Crewe rooted to the bottom of League One.

The Chronicle
Crewe Alex suffered a damaging defeat at fellow strugglers Blackpool on Saturday.
After a reasonable first-half Alex display, the hosts upped their game after the restart and were not met with enough resistance.
The Alex rarely threatened the goal and have now not found the net for more than 270 minutes.
The result has left them adrift at the foot of League One.
Crewe were on top for a large chunk of the first half, playing some good football on a nice, slick surface.
The home side looked to play on the counter but there were only half-chances at both ends. David Fox and Mark Cullen brought good saves from both keepers.
In the second half Blackpool were more aggressive and got themselves on top. Crewe were unable to string passes together as they did in the first 45, and they survived several scares - often thanks to keeper Ben Garratt - before falling behind to Hayden White’s deflected opener.
The Alex tried to fight back but found it hard to penetrate a resolute Seasiders rearguard, and a late penalty from Jack Redshaw made sure.

Blackpool Gazette
Second half goals from Hayden White and Jack Redshaw helped Blackpool beat Crewe and climb out of the relegation zone.
The result sees Blackpool out of the bottom four for the first time since the opening day of the season and stretch Pool’s unbeaten run to six.
At half-time the game was evenly matched despite the Seasiders having two goals disallowed for offside.
But Mark Cullen and Redshaw found the net only for the linesman to raise his flag, both appearing to be correct decision.
Blackpool kept at it after the break and finally got their reward on 65 minutes when White burst into the box to power home an effort from 15 yards.
Redshaw could easily have had a hattrick, missing two golden oppertunites to seal the game before eventually doing so three minutes from time.

Advertisement block