Skip to main content Skip to site footer
Club News

Swindon Paper Review

2 March 2015

What the press made of the man in the middle in the stalemate with the Robins

The Sentinel
IN A game where a poor referee dictated most of the action, a battling Crewe side earned themselves a point with a committed display against high-flying Swindon.
A late Swindon red card, and eight additional minutes, led to a dramatic end to the game with both sides piling forward for a winner that in the end never came, not that it was for a lack of trying.
Both sides would end with 10 as Alan Tate saw red for two bookable offences in the dying seconds.

The Chronicle
Crewe Alex stopped the rot with a battling draw against high-flying Swindon in a game which saw both sides finish up with 10 men.
Fussy referee Graham Salisbury showed 11 yellow cards at Gresty Road on Saturday – and Alan Tate and Jake Stephens picked up two apiece.
It was a decent result for the Railwaymen on the back of back-to-back defeats, and it moved them up to 18th in League One, four points above the drop zone.

Swindon Advertiser
SWINDON Town’s winless away run stretched to a fourth game in a goalless draw at Crewe Alexandra on Saturday.
The result sees Mark Cooper’s side drop to fourth in the League One table after being leapfrogged by Preston, although they are actually closer to the automatic promotion places following a defeat for second-placed MK Dons at Coventry.
Although there was plenty of excitement at Gresty Road, quality chances were at a premium.
Town did have the ball in the net though Jordan Turnbull in the first half, although the defender’s effort was ruled out for offside.
Both teams finished the game with ten men as Town’s Jack Stephens and Crewe’s Alan Tate were dismissed for second bookable offences, and there was more bad news for the visitors in the shape of a nasty looking injury to Louis Thompson, who left the field on a stretcher after suffering a suspected dislocated shoulder.

Advertisement block