Skip to main content Skip to site footer
Club News

Bury Paper Review

24 August 2015

What the press made of the 3-3 thriller at The Alex

The Sentinel
BRAD Inman’s excellent individual strike nine minutes from time rescued a point for Crewein a game  of twists and turns at Gresty Road.
Crewe had twice taken in the lead in the first half through Adam King and Ryan Colclough, only to be pegged back by Danny Mayor and Tom Soares.
Bury were then to take the lead after 55 minutes as Danny Rose hammered home from close range after Chris Hussey was given too much time on the left.
That was how it stayed until Inman’s late magic saw the game  finish 3-3.

The Chronicle
A breathless encounter at Gresty Road ended all square thanks to a brilliant Brad Inman equaliser with 10 minutes left on Saturday.
The Alex held the lead twice but found themselves trailing 3-2 in the closing stages. But the striker’s second in as many matches salvaged something for the home side.
Crewe made a dream start on three minutes. Brad Inman easily raced behind his man, and though Marcus Haber couldn’t gather the cross, Adam King raced onto the ball and blasted home.
Bury had a goal disallowed for offside, then against the run of play Crewe reestablished their lead as Billy Bingham’s superb free-kick was forced back across goal by Ben Nugent and Ryan Colclough bundled home.
But there was still time for the visitors to make it 2-2 before the break, when Tom Soares easily found space at the far post and drilled home from an angle.
The home side started the second half brightly but more poor defending allowed Danny Rose to blast Bury ahead for the first time before the hour.
There were spells when the hosts looked down and out, but they held on and got level thanks to a brilliant individual effort from Inman.

Bury Times
BURY scored three goals for the second straight match and still continue to search for their first win of the League One season after a six-goal thriller at Gresty Road.
Flitcroft had promised fans after a 4-3 defeat to Fleetwood in midweek that his side would thrash out their defensive problems on the training pitch.
But their back-line again looked fragile as Crewe twice took the lead in the opening half through goals from Adam King and Ryan Colclough.
Bury remain potent in attack though and they bounced back with goals from Danny Mayor and Tom Soares before the break and then took the lead through Danny Rose on 58 minutes.
They were unable to see the game out though as Bradden Inman fired Crewe back level with 10 minutes to play, leaving both sides still in search of their first three points of the campaign.

Advertisement block