Skip to main content Skip to site footer
Club News

No Movement On Max Or Moore

3 June 2014

Boss still hopeful that forwards will commit their futures this summer

Steve Davis says there is nothing new to report in regards to Byron Moore and Max Clayton. Both players have been made offers to extend their stay at the club and whilst the manager says he cannot wait forever over a decision, he will give them time to decide their futures.

June, if their futures have not been resolved by then. thDavis is keen to keep both talented players at the club and they will be invited to participate in their pre-season fitness testing on 16

Steve told “We have not set a date or deadline initially for them but they will understand that we cannot keep that going for forever because I will have to know if I have to bring a replacement in.

“I haven’t heard from them and their agents haven’t made contact with Neil (Baker) or the chairman when I was away. Nothing has moved on that for the moment.

“We will give them some time to think things over. We are not overly rushing them at this stage and all we can do is wait and see. Once we know then we can act accordingly.

 He added: “I have said that I think they would benefit from being here with us and I hope to have them in my plans for next season, but like I’ve said, that is out of hands until they come to a decision.”

Advertisement block