Skip to main content Skip to site footer
Club News

Carlisle Paper Review

27 November 2013

See how the press reported our defeat in Cumbria

The Sentinel

CREWE manager Steve Davis bemoaned two minutes of madness which sent Crewe sliding to a fourth successive defeat at Carlisle United tonight.


The Alex were beaten 2-1, with both of the Cumbrians' goals coming in first-half stoppage time through Sean O'Hanlon and Matty Robson.


Harry Davis pulled a goal back in the dying moments of the second half, but the Alex's winless sequence stretched to eight games.


"I had my half-time talk prepared and it all changed," said Davis.


"The game was pretty even and we could have had a penalty and the 'goal' Vadaine Oliver scored was chalked off.


"We made two errors and within the space of a couple of minutes we were 2-0 down and I had to change what I was going to say.


"We looked at changing our shape and tried to be more positive after half-time. We had several chances and their keeper made two or three good saves.


"Harry Davis got on the end of a corner and the fact he's our top scorer tells its own story, but those few minutes cost us."


The defeat leaves the Alex second-from-bottom of the League One table.


Crewe Chronicle


CREWE's winless streak was stretched to eight games as they went down at Brunton Park on Tuesday.


The Railwaymen conceded two goals in a minute on the stroke of half-time and Harry Davis's 90th minute reply was too little, too late.


The result has left the Alex second bottom of League One and four points from safety.


News And Star


Two goals in a minute from Sean O'Hanlon and Matty Robson earned Carlisle United their first league win for over a month.


The Cumbrians clinched the points thanks to a quick double-strike on the stroke of half-time.


First, Dave Symington's shot was glanced home by O'Hanlon.


Then Robson raced clear to make it two, shortly before the half-time whistle.


Harry Davis headed in a late consolation for the visitors.

Advertisement block