Supporter Liaison Officers
Crewe Alexandra Supporters Liaison Officer explained
Crewe Alexandra must have a Supporters Liaison Officer to act as a key contact point for supporters.
- The Supporter Liaison Officers will regularly attend meetings with the club’s management and will collaborate with the security officer on safety and security-related matters.
- The Crewe Alexandra Supporters Liaison Officers principal aims are to:
- Improve the dialogue between the club and its supporters.
- Enhance the relationship between Crewe Alexandra supporters and other Football stakeholders.
- The Supporter Liaison Officers (SLOs) will be a bridge between the Supporters and the club to help improve the dialogue between the two sides.
- The SLOs work is dependent on the information they receive from both sides and the credibility they enjoy with all parties.
- The SLOs will inform Supporters about relevant decisions made by the club management and, in the other direction, communicate the points of view of Supporters to the clubs management.
- The SLOs will build and develop both existing and new relationships not just with various Supporters groups and initiatives but also with the police and security officers, other liaison officers, the Football Association, the Football League and the media, etc.
- The SLOs will engage with SLOs of other clubs before matches to contribute to supporters behaving in accordance with security guidelines.
- The SLOs will be available as the main point of contact at the club for supporters.
- The SLOs will manage the information flow/communications/dialogue between the Supporters and the club.
- The SLOs will work towards being credible with the clubs Supporters and will develop contacts within the Supporter base at the club.
- Regular meetings between the SLOs and the various fan groups, will be staged.
- Crewe Alexandra will consult the SLOs on matters of relevance to Supporters.
- Three aspects of the SLOs work:
- Communication: talking to and sharing information with main stakeholders; ensuring the club understands the fans and vice-versa
- Service: helping fans and assisting the club in decision-making and other relevant processes
- Prevention: cooperation with police and security to isolate troublemakers and protect ordinary fans against excessive security measures; attendance at
pre-match security/planning meetings
- Build a team as workload increases.
- In time the SLOs will develop a team of volunteers.
- The SLOs will work closely with the disability liaison officer (DLO).
- Be patient! Manage expectations!
The Crewe Alexandra Supporters liaison officers are:
Bev can be contacted via the following methods:
Supporters Liaison Officer
Crewe Alexandra Football Club
The Alexandra Stadium
Phone: 01270 213014 (ext 3100)
Latest Club News
Artell: "That Was Horrific And Unacceptable"10 April 2021
Boss finds it difficult to put finger on inconsistent run of late.
Crewe 0-6 Oxford10 April 2021
Alex left in shock as Oxford run riot at Gresty Road with five goals in 13 minutes.
"We Know What A Good Side Oxford Are"9 April 2021
Boss gears up for home meeting with Karl Robinson's Oxford.